There’s something about the power of language and communication that comes across in the written form that can’t be expressed in other media. Plus, you get to enjoy expressing those skills and use them to attract sales makes it all the more satisfying.
However, just because you have a blog that you contribute to frequently doesn’t mean anyone will read it or transact a sale.
Here are 8 steps to blog to boost SEO and increase sales.
You have to use your blog correctly to boost SEO and increase sales by drawing them down the sales funnel. A good blog can play a powerful role in attracting customers to your products and/or services.
You begin with social media and engage on all of your social media platforms. As you attract people to your fan pages, you furnish them with an opt-in or freebie offer. Provide value in this offer, so your potential customers visit your blog to learn more helpful hints and information.
Here are a few tips to help employ your blog more effectively to boost SEO and increase sales:
1. Determine the frequency of your posts and plan a schedule. Find a good balance.
Don’t over commit yourself to the point you burn out, but make sure you still maintain a presence. Figure out what works best with you and your target market and stick with it.
2. What value do you provide through your blog? Don’t write to a vacuum. People will visit your blog when they have a reason to read what you have to say. What reason will you give them?
3. Write topical articles relevant to your niche. This ties into the value tip above. Your readers confront a lot of competing messages out there. Give them what they seek with information of value that will help them in their business, not just yours.
4. Create theme months. Tie in your blog posts to an overall theme that you address over the course of a month. Plan out 8-10 things to share regarding the theme and write a post on each.
5. If you run low on material, take a refresher course or learn a new skill. Write about your self-improvement experiences over your next series of posts. Others will learn from what you share.
6. Promote your blog on your social media channels. You did all of that hard work writing it so get the word out there! Ask your friends to sign up for announcements and let everyone in your feed know when a new post publishes.
7. Cross integrate between media types. Facebook’s algorithm shows posts higher and more often when they contain pictures, media, or other high-profile attachments. Get a greater blog reach by attaching your link to an inspirational quote, article or picture that is sure to be seen and shared.
8. Maintain a good social balance. Don’t beat your customers over their head with sales pitches. Instead, use the 80/20 rule and work to offer about 80% fan value and no more than 20% promotion in your blog posts.
A blog is an incredibly powerful marketing feature that can boost your SEO, create a sense of community, and bring in new sales. But, it has to be used properly and consistently. Follow these 8 basic steps, and your own common sense, to achieve a solid and lucrative blog.
Have another tip to great blogging? We’d love to hear about it, share your ideas in the comments below.